Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Adventures






While I still haven't gotten my costume sorted (yes, Halloween is just two days away...) I made sure to get a carving pumpkin from the adorable Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in West Hollywood. Mr. Jack O'Lantern may look a little sinister here but on the 31st he'll be nothing but good when I fill his mouth with candy for our neighbors to grab on their way to parties, parades, and other festivities. I also started a new little tradition of roasting his innards. I saved and washed the seeds, let them dry on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with a little melted butter, seasoning salt, paprika, and garlic powder and baked them in the oven for about ten minutes at 350 degrees. Pumpkin seeds are actually really healthy and once they are roasted up with seasonings, are sort of like crack. I've almost decimated the entire batch!

So while I may be going naked a la The Emperor's New Clothes, at least I've had some Halloween fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment