Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fake It Til You Make It

A friend of mine told me this little bit of wisdom and I try to remember it whenever I'm feeling down, ugly, or just plain "blah," which as a Libra, is often enough that I find such mantras useful to keep in the back of my mind. Yesterday was one of those off days and I decided nothing would cheer me up more than coming home and painting my nails pink topped off with giant multicolored glitter. My bottle of Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday has been the best polish investment and surprisingly versatile, resembling bottled fireworks or not.

Anytime I'm feeling less than my best and my blues aren't based on anything actually substantially problematic, rather than feed into them by wearing old sweats, going out sans makeup, and trying to hide, I go all out- it's harder to be in a crappy, woe-is-me mood when your look is putting out good vibes and you're receiving compliments (and actually let yourself believe them).




Nails: OPI "All That Razz-berry" (no longer available) and Deborah Lippmann "Happy Birthday"

No comments:

Post a Comment