Friday, December 30, 2011

All's Well That Ends Well

As 2011 draws to a close, I can't help but let out a sigh of relief. Of course, the year wasn't horrible-it included a host of travels, some minuscule career-wise progress, and lots of little adventures; but in the end it was also a year of depression, very unstable income, and confusion that I am want to forget. So at the risk of 2012 ending with the wholesale destruction of humanity, I'm ready to say ta-ta to 2011. But not before looking back at a few of the photographable (i.e. mostly superficial) highlights:

Finding a restored telephone table from Eagle Rock's Sniveling Sibling, to satisfy my love of the nostalgic.
Our first "real" piece of furniture, this Broyhill Brasilia midcentury credenza with which I am in deep, ardent love.

Balloons for any and all occasions, this one Valentine's.

Miraculous eBay wonder of a lifetime: Rick Owens motorcycle jacket that I wear like a second skin, mraaaowr.

Making a find of the Vivienne Westwood devil horns tiara.

Relaxing at the Parker Palm Springs, amongst cotton-tailed bunnies and fabulous decor.

Mini ponies and mini donkeys in Solvang.

The glorious tackiness of the Madonna Inn, as seen in the dining room. 

Sitting outside at the Nepenthe Restaurant in Big Sur, with the sun on my face and a view of the Pacific Ocean below.

The 50th anniversary craziness at the Tiki-Ti.

Returning to Israel after 8 years away.

Visiting Madrid, even if it was with my less than enthusiastic dad and brother.

LA Rising and the regenerative properties of live music when it's as good as Muse.

Volunteering at Sante D'or and finding happiness in caring for kitties and pups.

Finn finally allowing me to pick him up for up to five whole seconds without squirming.

Getting my British on at Claridge's super fancy high tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment