Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reading Room

With Mark starting to think about buying home, it has me thinking about what it would be like to have complete control over a space-wallpapering the laundry room to make the task less nightmarishly boring,  bathing the bathroom in the candy colors of Heath Ceramics tiles, filling a little backyard garden with plants resilient enough to withstand my black thumb-things that as renters are just not going to happen. One of the dream elements I envision is a built in library, or even better, an entire nook in a house devoted to use as a reading room. Mark and I are both voracious readers and like to hold on to copies of those texts that have moved or entertained us, meaning our collection of books is extensive and well-cherished. There's something about having an entire wall carpeted in books up to the ceiling that I can't get over. Maybe it can seem sort of pretentious-'hey, look at me, I'm not simply literate, I'm positively erudite!' but I think the sheer number of books devoted to zombie apocalypses in our collection balances out the Bell Jar-serious and English Lit. tomes I've held onto since college.




Love the idea of arranging a children's library according to color. 



Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will likely be about the extent of my home library, house or not, so long as we live in the city.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment