Tuesday, September 13, 2011

London Calling





It's official-the week after Thanksgiving I will be going to London and Dublin. I cannot wait; seriously, I am squealing and doing little dances multiple times a day thinking about returning to London, where I spent one glorious year as a Study Abroad student. Once I got back I tried for months to figure out a way to move there permanently without living as an illegal, so since my plan to marry a Brit for citizenship obviously failed, I'm going to make the most of my-albeit, brief-return. I will never forget that flying out, as the plane was filling up with passengers, Virgin Atlantic had Zero 7's "Home" playing and immediately I felt like that's where I was flying to. The first week I was there I literally experienced physical changes (cough*firstperiodinayear*cough) that told me I was in the right place. I'm not necessarily one of those people who sees symbolic meaning in every coincidence, but there was definitely an immediate change in me and my happiness that took place as soon as I got there; and while it wasn't all attributable to the city, a lot of it was. Swoon. Since my mister will be discovering it for the first time, I will have to find a balance between the tourist necessities-London Eye, Millenium Bridge, Topshop, tea at Claridges-and my personal nostalgic needs-visiting the peacocks in Holland Park, having a pint at my former local-the New Globe in Mile End, shopping handicrafts at Spitalfields Market, and perusing the fabric at Liberty of London. Is it November yet?

All images from Flight 001.


No comments:

Post a Comment