Thursday, September 15, 2011

The New Girl's Already Sucked Me In





I just finished watching the pilot episode of 'The New Girl,' the Zooey Deschanel show that'll air on Fox later this month but which is already available to view online here now. I have a serious girl crush on Ms. D. Ugh, I mean how can someone look so cute and gamine all the time while making it look like it's all so easy? I did once look at pictures of her when she was just starting out and man, did girl have an ugly shoe collection. So it's nice to know she is human, after all.

Still, I only have bangs because of her and when someone once told me I looked like her (surely on a night I wore enough eyeliner and mascara to resemble a kewpie doll) it was probably about the most attractive I've ever felt. So even though the first trailer for the show and all of the print work looks like garbage (hence why you're looking at pics of Zooey and not the promo materials), I gave it a shot anyway. And actually, I love it! Jess (Zooey's character) is totally a nerd and totally relatable with her random dancing, goofy faces, and life fails. Plus, if you hate Zooey, the show is a little less girly than she seems to be, and definitely less glam-a Zooey if she wasn't rich and famous, if you will. I'm guessing that her stardom should buy the show some time to find its footing and I'm certainly hoping so, because tv needs more girl nerd heroes and I'm more than willing to make Jess mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment