Sunday, September 11, 2011

Looking Back, Moving Forward


It's very strange to think about the 9/11 terror attacks taking place ten years ago today. More than anything, I've been thinking about how frustratingly useless it all was. Nothing was accomplished other than pain and waste. Ten years on thousands of families in America, Afghanistan and Iraq are mourning lost loves ones and still losing them; innocent people who were robbed of their opportunity to live life to the fullest. And I wonder at the people who orchestrated it all-do they think the world is really changed for the better? But rather than dwell on how evil man is capable of being, I will take today to cherish those that I love and take stock in how blessed I am to have been born in America and to live a life as lucky as it is. Let us take care of one another today, and every day.

Photo by Todd Heisler for The New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment