Monday, July 4, 2011

Kitty Comfort

Until I have a baby, my two cats are my babies. I know this freaks some people out, but if you are one of those peeps, sorry. They's my babies and that's just how it is. My boyfriend feels the same, so until he ditches me, I suppose I don't feel the crazy cat lady shame I'm supposed to (or we're both just too crazy to ever feel it-whatevs).

But just because I love them, doesn't mean I'm willing to live in an ugly cardboard and carpet toy covered apartment. It's small enough in here, there's just no way I'm filling it full of crap too. So I've found some fun, attractive alternatives to keep my pets entertained and comfy (though let's be honest, they usually just want to lay on us or in the seats we'd like to be sitting on).

Atomic Attic on Etsy sells lots of great re-purposed vintage goods, including pet beds using old suitcases. You can't really tell in the photo but ours has a removable rack on the bottom for added height.

They've started making them out of old tv sets too, which are genius for kitties that like to hide and hibernate.

We also got them a bed of sorts for the living room, since they're clingly and want to be in whatever room we're in. I have a teepee obsession, so how could I not buy this Loyal Luxe version with matching mini "bearskin" rug? Only Chloe will use this, but if our pets were the hiding kind, I'd label this a winner.
Our cats don't have this feeder, mostly because if we didn't use a fountain style bf would never remember to give the kids fresh water daily, but I love this These Creatures design!


Finally, toys. I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of an amazing pet store, Tailwaggers, that sells unique toys and has great employees who aren't shy about sharing which toys are winners. They sell these adorable little knit animals (llamas, bunnies holding carrots, monkeys holding bananas) stuffed with catnip that last forever. I just picked up this Go Cat mouse that keeps my munchkins endlessly entertained and while not exactly a design marvel, it is small enough to store easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment