Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wild West

After initially saying he wanted to stay home when he gets time off from work between Thankgiving and Christmas, Mark now wants to take a trip; fancy that, because all of the sudden I have this intense desire to go to Wyoming and tour the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. I love the idea of seeing all these uniquely North American animals in the opens of nature, soaking in the quiet snowy wilderness, and experiencing an American culture that is distinctly different from any we've experienced in our lives in LA despite being so geographically close. We're not sure the timing will work since it won't quite be winter season there yet, so in the meantime, I'm crossing fingers and filling my mind with thoughts inspired by the Native American and western cultures that make Wyoming such a vibrant, if accidental, prospect for travel.

T-bird necklace from MijuAndYou

Probably the only cowboy boots I've ever been attracted to, but boy am I, from Old Gringo

Rad "Cuttler" sneakers by Supra (no longer available). I love how the stark black and white turns a traditionally earthy pattern into a graphic, urban one.

Dannijo's Nela necklace

Tank dress by jessalinb

No comments:

Post a Comment